Wednesday, January 20, 2010

PBL - Probably Beneficial Learning

So, its been a while since my last reflection on PBL. While it will take much more time for PBL to be integrated into my daily problems, aka: running late for school, deciding what to wear, I now turn to PBL when handling projects. However, I do not exactly whip out a piece of paper and draw a FILA chart on it. The process is on a mental, subconscious level.

In my mind, I lay out the Facts, Ideas, Learning Issues and Action Plan. That serves as a starting point for me, which is helpful because I often suffer from information overload and end up running around in circles. I now am able to navigate from Point A to Point B, from the conceptualisation of ideas to the actual delivery of product. So I now get work done in a linear manner. Which is pretty ironic considering that PBL is actually student-CENTRED learning. Pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment